This is another one of those basketball drills with cones that will really build on your speed, agility, and balance on the court.
Agility Cone Drill Steps
- To perform this basketball drill, you will want three cones.
- Place each cone approximately two to three large steps away from each other.
- Start in a balanced position facing forward behind the middle cone
- Push off the floor with your left foot laterally and move either to the right cone.
- Quickly push off of your right foot to move back to the centre cone.
- Push off your right foot and move to the left cone.
- Push off of your left foot and return to the centre cone.
- At minimum perform this drill for five sets at one minute per set.
As you progress with this drill, you will want to change it up a little to include cross over movements with your legs. Instead of moving your feet in a lateral motion, you will cross over your feet when moving between the cones.
Check this video out for a clear explanation of this basketball drill.