The chest pass is an awesome basketball drill for building on your accuracy and passing ball movement.
- Stand approximately six to eight feet away from your partner.
- Step forward with your dominant foot, extend your arms fully, and make a pass.
- Your partner should grab the ball and return the ball back to you using the same chest pass.
- Your goal is to perform ten successful chest passes.
- Step forward with your dominant foot for the first five passes.
- With the next five passes, alternate your feet and step out with your less dominant foot.
Working on that accuracy
Once you have become accurate in your chest passes using the method above, you can advance on this basketball drill by doing the following:
- Move back about four or five steps and repeat the drill.
- Once you have completed ten passes successfully at this move back another step and repeat the steps.
- Continue moving back and repeating the steps until you cannot make a successful pass to your partner.
Benefits of the chest pass
The chest pass is an integral play in any game of basketball. To strengthen your offence you must be able to perform this pass with accuracy, speed, and strength.