One of the first basketball drill often taught is the Wall Bounce Dribble. This basketball drill really helps to improve strength in your fingers, wrists, and arms.
For this basketball drill, all you need is a basketball and a wall.
Wall Bounce dribble steps
- Stand next to a wall
- Dribble your basketball at shoulder height against the wall with your right hand.
- Bounce the ball about one half inch or an inch away from the wall. (You need to ensure that you are using a lot of force with the ball against the wall.)
- Be sure to move the ball up and down and right to left.
- Do this basketball drill should be done for 20-30 seconds at a time.
- After completing the drill with your right hand, rest for one minute, then repeat the drill again with your left hand.
- Repeat this drill five times per hand.